The functions, powers, and responsibilities of the Bank are specified in the Reserve Bank of Fiji Act, 1983.
” The principal purposes of the Bank as stated in Part ll, Section 4 of the Reserve Bank Act are as follows:-
- To regulate the issue of currency, and the supply, availability and international exchange of money;
- To promote monetary stability;
- To promote a sound financial structure;
- To foster credit and exchange conditions conducive to the orderly and balanced economic development of the country;
- To regulate the insurance industry; and
- To regulate the capital markets and securities industry.”