The “Vanua Workshop” is designed especially for “vanua investors” in recognition of the role that the capital markets can play in accelerating the participation of indigenous Fijians and Rotumans in business in Fiji.
The workshop covers the following topics:
- Overview of the capital markets (share market/bond market/unit trusts)
- Introduction to the basics of investing
- Basic of raising capital in the capital markets
- Applying the basics to Vanua investments:
- opportunities available in the capital markets
- key issues applying in the Vanua context
- raising funds and investing
The underlying message of this workshop is to encourage the Vanua to invest their funds wisely to generate sufficient income to meet the future needs of the Vanua, whilst preserving the pool of funds, so that it can continue to grow and generate income in the future.
Please contact us should you wish to have this program conducted in your community.